Updates on AEWV Applications
Immigration, General / 23 September 2022
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) has provided helpful guidance on timeframes for processing Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) applications and common pitfalls resulting in applications being delayed and/or declined.
- Employer Accreditation: the general processing time to get accredited is 10 working days. Currently, most applications can be assessed within six working days;
- Job Check: the general processing timeframe is within 10 working days;
- Migrant Check: the general processing timeframe is within 20 working days.
The common pitfalls of applications which resulted in the application being delayed and/or declined included:
- Job advertisements listed for less than 14 days;
- Multiple jobs were advertised in the same advertisement;
- The job descriptions in the advertisement were missing required information, such as key duties/tasks, salary range, location of work, minimum hours of work, minimum qualifications and experience required;
- The employment agreements were missing required information e.g., mandatory clauses, unreasonable notice period, overtime details, paid leave entitlements, location of work, terms of travel, hourly rate below the median wage, passing on recruitment, training or equipment costs.
Message for Employers
We recommend allowing at least two months to seek an AEWV, to prepare and submit an application.
Our team can assist employers with planning, preparation and applications to ensure AEWV’s are granted first time and to avoid delays.
Disclaimer: We remind you that while this article provides commentary on employment law, health and safety and immigration topics, it should not be used as a substitute for legal or professional advice for specific situations. Please seek legal advice from your lawyer for any questions specific to your workplace.